Even back in those days, there must have been a lot of forest land here, as evidenced by the name of the small hamlet of Wahlde.
Maria Jans von Wahlde was the last member of the family be involved in the farm. In 1895, she married Clemens Josef Jans-Wenstrup and moved to Wenstrup. There was nobody left from the family to run the farm and so it was leased out.
Two generations later, Clemens Jans-Wenstrup inherited the farm, but he chose not to operate it as such. Instead, in 1973, Clemens Jans-Wenstrup (the grandson of Maria Jans von Wahlde ) and his wife Maria, nee Markett turned it into a guest house under the name of ‘Wahlde‘. The cafe was opened in 1988.